NOTE: Acid Calculator is no longer updated, but remains available for download.
Acid Calculator can assist the winemaker in correcting the acidity (TA) level of wine. The winemaker simply defines the method of raising or lowering TA, the existing and desired TA levels, and batch size. The calculator will then calculate the additions needed to bring the wine to the desired TA level.
- Calculates increasing TA using tartaric acid, malic acid, citric acid, acid blend, or blending wine.
- Calculates decreasing TA using calcium carbonate, potassium bicarbonate, potassium carbonate, or blending wine.
- Calculates for any proportion of acid blend.
- Batch size can be specified in litres, American gallons, or Imperial gallons.
- TA can be expressed in g/L or %.
- Default settings can be saved for greater ease of use.
Click the following link to download the application (free).
Acid Calculator 1.01 (307 KB)