NOTE:Sulphite Calculator is no longer updated, but remains available for download.
Sulphite Calculator can assist the winemaker in calculating the correct amount of sulphite to add in order to achieve desired free SO2 levels in wine. Many tables have been devised for this purpose, however these tables are relatively inflexible in that each table is normally designed for particular sulphite forms (e.g. 10% potassium metabisulphite solution). These tables may not correspond to the practices of the individual winemaker. With Sulphite Calculator, the winemaker can precisely define the sulphite source, sulphite form, and batch size. The software can then calculate the exact amount of sulphite required in order to obtain desired free SO2 levels.
- Calculates SO2 contributions for Potassium Metabisulphite, Sodium Metabisulphite, or Sodium Bisulphite.
- Calculates for any form of sulphite (powder, tablets, or solutions).
- Calculates for any percentage solution.
- Calculates for any tablet weight.
- Batch size can be specified in litres, American gallons, or Imperial gallons.
- Sulphite additions are calculated in ml, g, tsp, tbsp, oz, and tablet number (depending on sulphite form used).
- Sulphite additions can be calculated for either total free or molecular SO2 target levels.
- Default settings can be saved for greater ease of use (Windows version only).
- Supports international number formats.
Sulphite Calculator Version 3.00 (309 KB) Main Download Location